Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pretty things


A bit ago I met designer/costume designer/stylist Astrid Brucker at a fashion show where her label, Astridland, was showing. Her clothes were absolutely beautiful and I wanted to see more so I went to her online store housed on Etsy to check out more of her label. I found out that not only does she sell clothes, but she sells incredibly trend-right jewelry as well. Not only does it look the part (think multi-strand necklaces, lady-like details) it fits into the whole handmade trend as well. The best part is, it's actually affordable. If you're not familiar with the Etsy set-up, it has to be handmade, so what's cool about Etsy to me, is that you're getting these amazing quality pieces that are also inherently limited run, so you can buy a necklace or dress that you're not going to be seeing on your co-workers or the girls next to you in the bar. Even though it's summer, I really think I might need this shawl. Happy Etsy-ing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment